TOLEDO - A veteran coach will continue to lead the WCLL as president after he was elected for the 19th straight year. Gary Neff, the University of Pittsburgh women's head lacrosse coach, was elected president by the board of directors during the organization's annual meeting at the University of Toledo on Saturday, November 9, 2013.
"I am really excited to continue as the WCLL president," Neff said to Inside Lacrosse Magazine. "We have accomplished a lot in the last year because of our hard working board and I really look forward to the upcoming season."
Neff said the WCLL board, in the last year, has added four new non-voting student-athletes as part of the board for the upcoming 2014 season, re-wrote the league's by-laws, added a new website and streamlined many of the league's operating procedures to better serve the membership.
"We've done a lot in the past year to bring our organization up to speed and we look forward to continually improving our organization," Neff said.
The board filled the remaining posts by electing Chris Carter, the University of Toledo head coach to vice-president, while Sheri Gimgliano, a Baltimore-based referee-assignor, was elected as the league's secretary- treasurer as a non-voting member. Oakland University head coach Towbey Kassa will continue as the league's webmaster and Michigan State head coach Greg Normand will serve the Women's Collegiate Lacrosse Association's national board as its secretary and communications chair.
Neff said Dave McKinnon, the recently appointed University of Michigan head coach, will serve as the league's Division I recognition chair and Lake Forest College head coach Jim Catanzaro will serve as the Division II recognition chair.
The four WCLL student-athletes who were appointed to the board as non-voting members include Shannon Thurnherr Buffalo, Emily Haupt Ohio, Marissa Churchill Indiana, Manda Gibbs Lake Forest.
1)Teams must submit all their home games on their respected site.
2) Teams hosting play day must send there play day schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org you will find play day spread sheet on the home page under Arbiter-Schedule tab
3) All games and netural site games must be entered on the Laxpower spread sheet and sent to email@example.com you will find Laxpower spread sheet on the home page under Arbiter-Schedule tab
4) Home game schedule must be sumbitted on the Arbiter spread sheet and sent to our head assignor Sheri at firstname.lastname@example.org you will find Arbiter spread sheet on the home page under Arbiter-Schedule tab
1) Teams must submit their final team roster on their respected team page
2) Teams must have their final roster approved and stamped by their university registrar's office and sent via postal mail to league President Gary Neft to address below
1700 Sawgrass Ct
|Pittsburgh, PA 15237|